- Skills are classified into 3 categories:
- Physical Skill: Does damage to your opponent according to your physical attack stats and your opponent’s physical defense stats.
- Magical Skill: Does damage to your opponent according to your magical attack stats and your opponent’s magical defense stats.
- Supplementary Skill: Other skills. Supplementary skills can improve your stats or give your opponent a debuff.
- Each monster can have up to 4 skills through leveling and skill books. The only way to replace a skill is by using skill books. You can do this by selecting a book on your monster’s page and selecting which skill you want to replace. All monsters cannot learn all skills, even from books. The skill books a monster can learn are generally based on the monster's rarity (see Skill Level below) and the monster's element:
- Fire, Ice, Grass, Water, Electric, and Earth monsters able to use skill books for Psychic, Ghost, Physical, and their own element skills.
- Psychic monsters can use all skill books except those for Ghost skills.
- Ghost monsters can use all skill books except those for Psychic skills.
- Physical monsters can learn skills of all elements.
- Some skill books (most often weather skills) can only be used by monsters of a specific element. This is noted in the skill book's in-game description.
- Each monster can learn its own unique set of skills through leveling up. It is recommended to view all a monster's naturally learned skills before investing a skill book.
- Beginner Skills can be learned by all monster rarities
- Intermediate Skills can be learned by all monster rarities
- Advanced Skills can be learned by Epic and Legendary monsters